Information about how we store and use data
We take our responsibilities with how we handle your personal information very seriously. We keep under constant review of the information we collect to ensure that it is secure and required. When information no longer needs to be stored, we will remove it from our systems.
This document relates to Genix Web Ltd, who will ultimately be the holder of this information.
What information do we collect?
- Contact details
- Information about your business, such as your current website, what you do, where you are located.
- How you arrived at our websites by clicking on one of our adverts or a link from another site.
- Your usage of our website, such as the pages you looked at.
- Any special offers you have been given to ensure that when we quote you, the offer is automatically applied.
- Recordings of calls and live chat conversations allowing us to verify details and for training purposes.
- In the case of current customers, we store information about your usage of our website management system, such as the features you have used.
- We store information about how people use the website we built on our platform.
Why we collect this information
- The information we store allows us to provide an accurate quotation for your requirements
- Website usage information and information about how you arrived at the site allow us to optimise our website to provide the easiest way to find what you are looking for.
- Knowing the ways people arrive on our site helps us make better use of our marketing spend to avoid ineffective ways of promoting our business and therefore keep our prices down for you.
- Your contact information is required to send you information about your services, e.g. billing, new features.
- Management system usage information helps us identify issues and improve the way our services run.
- We store information about your website visitors to investigate any issues and provide you with data about your website users, such as traffic information.
How do we secure the information?
- We store your information on our servers located within the EU and provided by Amazon Web Services.
- All traffic between our website and you are done over secured SSL connections meaning that no one can intercept anything you send us, e.g. when you log into your site.
- The data is physically secured within Amazon’s data centres.
- Access to your information is limited to only essential personnel.
Who do we share the information with?
Information we collect is only ever shared with third parties for our own purposes. This means we use services that help us communicate with you, e.g. email sending services, but we will never share your information so another company can contact you. The information is held by Genix Web Ltd, which includes all its current and future brands and subsidiaries.
- For email marketing, we use a service called Mailchimp. We include information such as the services we provide you in that information to ensure that correct and relevant emails are sent to you.
I am a customer, will my website store information about my customers?
To enable your website functions to work correctly, our platform is stored on your behalf. You can read more about this on our what we store page.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files stored in your web browser to help the website interact with you. Without cookies, every time you visit a new page, the website thinks you are a new visitor. This would mean, for example, shopping baskets would empty each time you clicked onto a new page. If you would like to read more about cookies in general, Wikipedia has a detailed article.
What if I do not want cookies stored on my browser?
You can block cookies via your web browser. You can find out specific instructions for your browser via Google. Please note blocking cookies can result in unexpected results when using a website.
What cookies do you store on my browser?
Details of the cookies we use on this site are listed below:
- A cookie to retain your username to make it easier to log into our management system.
- Cookies that store click ids for clicks that have come from our marketing sources.
- Cookies relating to living chat so that you pick up from a past conversation and not cut off when moving between pages.
- Cookies to ensure you retain special offers you might have received, and so we can automatically apply offers to your quotes.
- Cookies left by Google’s Analytics software which helps us monitor traffic levels on our website
Occasionally the way third-party add-ons store cookies change. Because of this, the list above may not always contain an exhaustive list of the cookies saved. We do regularly audit the cookies stored as a result of visiting our website.
I am a customer. Will my website store cookies?
Your website will generate some basic cookies to function correctly. You can read more about these on our what we store page.